Over the last three+ years I am proud that I have always led with my values and enthusiasm.
Commitment to equity and accessibility:
- System Development Charge (SDC) waivers for 632 affordable housing units
- FREE Childcare at both advisory council meetings and Board Meetings
- Reducing barriers for our undocumented community to volunteer
- Recruiting more women of color and moms to serve in leadership roles
- Cultural Communication training for Board of Directors
Commitment to parks and recreation:
- Visited. Every. Single. Park. All 100+
- First Board Member ever to present at annual Oregon Recreation and Parks Association Conference (Twice! 2018 and 2019)
Commitment to partnership and community
- Initiated the first joint board meeting with the Beaverton School District since 1995
- Engagement with Metro
- Served on Parks and Nature Stakeholder Committee (2019 Metro Natural Resources Bond)
- Served on the Washington County Local Investment Team (2020 Metro Transportation Bond)
I am excited to run for a second term as there is still much I want to continue working on:
- Improving safety in our parks: lighting, community patrol, etc.
- Addressing climate change by working with the City of Beaverton on their Climate Action Plan
- Let the community lead by ensuring the district incorporates the Community Vision Plan, prioritizing participatory budgeting, and more!